Vitamin C is one of the most important vitamins that our body need. It has the following benefits:
- strengthen the body’s immune system to protect it against: flu, cough, bronchitis, respiratory problems, viral and bacterial infections
- promote healthy gums, teeth, bones and other connective tissues
- help prevent scurvy
- aids in lowering hypertension
- reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and cancer
- aids in controlling diabetes
- promotes healthy skin
It is recommended that we take around 500 mg of Vitamin C. Unless you are into eating fruits and vegetables or drinking citric juices, it is not easy to intake the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C. In our busy and stressful modern lifestyle, it is recommend to take Vitamin C supplements in addition to eating fruits and vegetables.
One of the supplements in the market that caught my eye is FERN-C. Why?
I have a bit of the occasional GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) which means my system does not like too much acid. So taking acidic form of Vitamin C is not recommended for me.
That’s where FERN-C comes into the picture.
It is a Sodium Ascorbate Vitamin C supplement which means that it does not cause irritation in the stomach. It is an alkaline-based Vitamin C capsule with the basic pH balance of 7.5 to 7.8. You can take FERN-C anytime of the day, even before meals.
FERN-C is the number one Vitamin C Sodium Ascorbate supplement in the Philippines and each FERN-C pack contains the Quali-C seal, which certifies it of quality and effectivity. Available in drugstores nationwide.