Have you ever imagined having the power to acquire all data that you want without worrying you will run out of storage? That is absolutely possible now! Western Digital – a world leader in storage solutions launches a new line of 8TB capacity drives for Network Attached Storage (NAS), surveillance and personal storage features HelioSeal™helium-technology. HelioSeal is the technology behind today’s high capacity and high reliability storage solutions as compared to traditional Air Hardrives. This technology introduces a significant decrease in power consumption thus, reliability increases and because helium is much less dense than air it is now feasible to use more discs resulting to a higher storage capacity.
This latest launch by Western Digital is a showcase of their commitment to integrate high-performance, high-capacity and high-quality drives into all of their products. Furthermore, they also aim to deliver solutions engineered for a wide range of applications that all types of users require.
The models launched for the first half of 2016 are My Cloud® personal storage devices (My Cloud, My Cloud Mirror, My Cloud EX2 Ultra), My Book® external hard drives (My Book, My Book for Mac, My Book Duo and My Book Pro), WD Red®, WD Red Pro and WD Purple™.
The great news also is that Western digital supports storage capacity upgrade to 8TB of 16TB (with two 8TB drives in RAID 0) for the following products:
External Hard Drives
- My Book/My Book for Mac – An external hard drive solution that provides complete backup and storage with USB connectivity.
- My Book Duo/My Book Pro – Dual-drive external hard drive solutions which provide ultra-fast storage in RAID-0 and complete backup and storage with USB and/or Thunderbolt connectivity and up to 16TB capacity.
- My Cloud/My Cloud Mirror – A personal storage device that plugs into your router at home to provide consumers with their very own private cloud.
- My Cloud EX2 Ultra – As part of the creative professional series of My Cloud products, the My Cloud EX2 Ultra provides high-performance two-bay network attached storage.
Internal Hard Drives
- WD Purple – Engineered for 24/7, always-on, high-definition surveillance security systems that use up to eight (8?) hard drives and up to 32 cameras
- WD Red – Optimized for personal, home and small business NAS (network attached storage) systems
- WD Red Pro – Optimized for small business and enterprise class NAS systems with high performance and reliability.
Beginning March 2016, the My Book 8TB will be available at selected retailers and distributors in the Philippines at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of 15,900 php. My Cloud, My Book for Mac, My Book Duo, My Book Pro, WD Red and WD Purple 8TB configurations will be available during the first half of 2016. More information about the WD product line, 8TB capacity, and terms of the limited warranty may be found on the company website at www.wdc.com.