Last October 15, I was invited for the pre-movie screening of VIY: The Spirit of Evil, A mixed of excitement and nervousness since and it was my first time to watch a movie horror, fantasy film in 3D. Below are the 8 reasons why this movie is a must see this October.
- “VIY: The Spirit of Evil,” the hit dark fantasy film loosely based on the Nikolai Gogol story “Viy”
will be hitting Manila theaters starting October 22.
- It is produced by Russian Film Group and Marins Group, “Viy” stars Jason Flemyng from The Curious
Case of Benjamin Button (2008) and Charles Dance who plays Tywin Lannister in HBO’s Game of
- “Viy” is the name of the dark and notorious monster responsible for the deaths of many village
folk in a sleepy 17th century Ukrainian village. Viy’s most terrifying ability is to murder and cut
through the soul of any one with just the gaze of his many eyes.
- The movie revolves around the voyages of a cartographer, Jonathan Green, who was
spellbound by a heavy fog on his way to Eastern Europe and chanced upon a Ukrainian village
which is under siege by the monster Viy and thus began his crusade to end the village’s misery.
“It’s a classic story of redemption and of love and of adventure,” remarks lead Jason Flemyng.
“The special effects and the 3D is as good if not better as I’ve ever seen it, so the potential is
I’ve made a hundred films now and five of them I love, and Viy is one of those five.”
- “Viy” was shot in Prague at the Gatteo, Barrandov, and Letnyany studios, world-renowned
locations that are also called the “European Hollywood” and home to the production of many
blockbusters, such as Van Helsing, The Brothers Grimm, The Chronicles of Narnia, Casino
Royale, Hellboy, Blade.
- “Viy” became a certified hit when it was first released in Russia earlier this year. The first
weekend take was $17 million, an all-time record for a Russian movie.
- “Viy” is distributed internationally by Universal Pictures and will be shown in 3D in select
theatres in Metro Manila, and in 2D nationwide.
- The last reason why should watch this movie?? After watching this movie, don’t throw your tickets ‘coz you might win an iphone 6. Here are the mechanics:
- All viewers of the movie are quaified to join the promo. Participants must indicate their name and signature on their movie ticket, the side wherein the movie title is visible, and then take a selfie with their movie ticket.
- Go to the movie’s official Facebook fanpage at www.facebook.com/futuretainmentic and you must like the page and click the Watch and Win iPhone 6 promo logo for the next step and complete details.
- There will be 3 winners of an iPhone 6 unit each which will be drawn on October 25, 28 and 31.
- Winners will be announced via Futuretainmentic FB account (@futureupdate) and the registed e-mail. Participants can only win once during the entire promo.
So now, are you excited to watch VIY?? Hurry and buy your tickets n selected thatres in Metro Manila this October 22, 2014.