With the Mid-Autumn Festival and Chinese Moon Festival upcoming, SM Cinema is hosting the Chinese Film Festival this September 5 to September 9 with the partnership with Chinese Embassy of the Philippines. This is to promote cultural understanding between Chinese and the Filipino people.
The festival showcases innovative Chinese films of high artistic value that gears towards Filipinos’ understanding of the Chinese cultural diversity and heritage. SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, SM San Lazaro and SM Manila will be showing the movies for the festival free of charge.
Movies included in the festival are:
- “Back to 1942”: which won awards at the International Rome Film Festival in 2012 and Hong Kong Film Awards in 2013;
- “Caught in the Web” whose story ensembles a young woman who was victimized by a massive viral internet campaign;
- “The Grandmaster” which won several awards and nominations from different organizations such as the 50th Golden Horse Awards and 33rd Hong Kong Film Awards;
- The Romance-Fantasy movie of 2013 “Say Yes”
- Comedy-Drama about old people “Full Circle”
- “Little Big Soldier” who was produced and written by Jackie Chan himself which he starred also in the movie
Enjoy these great movies! It’s for FREE!
We saw the movie “Aftershock” as part of the press preview. It’s a big production movie like an epic. It’s about a family that was ravaged by the earthquake. It’s a tear jerker as well with a great story! Highly recommended.