Last August 5, 2014, Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization) (TCEB) held a presscon to highlight their efforts in reinforcing their bilateral MICE collaboration and trade promotion between Thailand and the Philippines.
Their efforts are continuation of the official bilateral collaboration between TCEB and the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) and Chamber of Commerce of the Philippine Islands (CCPI) last year.
Throught TCEB “Thailand Moves Forward” exhibition road show, they are fostering camaraderie among agents and promote Thailand’s Connect Businesses Campaign among Filipino entrepreneurs. Thai trade show organizers IMPACT Exhibitions Services, Reed Tradex and Philippines MICE travel agents participated in this event.
“In line with 2015’s ASEAN integration, TCEB has also developed an initiative dubbed ASEAN MICE which is set to strategically connect Thailand with regional alliances in the Philippines. TCEB aims to achieve long-term competitiveness and sustainability for the service sectors of Thailand together with partner- markets especially for the exhibition industry. In line with this TCEB also actively collaborates with other counterparts and government agencies under ‘Thai Team’ including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Commerce and Department of International Trade Promotion in moving Thailand’s MICE industry forward,” said Nopparat Maythaveekulchai, TCEB president.
Thailand’s exhibition’s key industries include food & agriculture, machinery & auto parts, print & packaging, energy, jewellery, tourism & wellness, medical & healthcare. Also included are other high growth and in-demand ASEAN industries in Thailand include transportation, ICT, energy, education, culture and tourism.
In 2014, Thailand is home to a various international exhibitions including Recharge Expo Thailand 2014, ISRMAX Asia Expo 2014, Pharmex Asia 2014, Food & Hotel Thailand 2014, Thailand Lab 2014, BMAM Expo 2014, Green Building and Reprofit Expo Asia 2014, Pulire Asia Pacific 2014, Beyond Beauty ASEAN Bangkok 2014, Gasma Print 2014, Cosmex 2014, In-Cosmetic Asia 2014, ACIEC 2014, EcoLightTech Asia 2014, Sign Asia Expo 2014, CACF 2014, Smart Rail Congress Trade & Expo 2014, Metalex 2014, Motor Expo 2014.
TCEB has developed a number of incentive programs for visitors and exhibitors:
- CONNECT Businesses BIG Bonus Campaign – An exclusive group visitor promotion for Filipino businessmen to incentivize business-oriented leads and participants of international trade shows in Thailand. A US100 is given for every business matching made between a participant and a Thailand exhibitor; for each participant for a group of 5. Eligible participants are trade promoters, members of chamber of commerce, business trade associations, overseas industrial publications, overseas non-profit organizations, and MICE travel agents. Promo is valid from August till December, 2014.
- Be My Guest – A buyer appreciation program for potential buyers around the globe. Each organizer will receive 10 room nights free
- Spice Up Your Business Agenda – An online program designed for business travellers to gain utmost experience in Thailand through special privileges for restaurants and leisure.
For more information, you can contact the Corporate Communications Division, Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization)
- Ms Arisara Thanuplang Tel: +66 2 694 6095 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Pishnu Plaikaew Tel: +66 2 694 6000 Email: email@example.com
- Ms Kanokwan Kadeedang Tel: +66 2 694 6006 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Kwanchanok Otton Tel: +66 2 694 6096 Email: email@example.com