|courtesy of One FC|
It was a bad night for Filipino MMA fighter and fans as the disappointing results of the matches of the One FC: Rise to Power. 6 Filipino MMA contenders including the main event fight between Honorio “The Rock” Banario and Koji Oishi went in favor to the foreign fighters.
|Main Event: Honorio Banario vs Koji Oishi|
The main event featured Honorio Banario defending his title for the first time. The first round was a back-and-forth slugfest that put the packed crowd on its feet. Honario put Oishi down but was saved by the bell.
|Honorio puts Oishi down but was saved by the bell!
(photo from One FC FB page)
In the second stanza, Oishi landed a right hook that dropped Banario and silenced the crowd. Oishi instinctively jumped on his foe and finished the fight with several punches. Oishi was crowned the new ONE FC Featherweight World Champion.
The fans in attendance at MOA Arena also witnessed history as Masakatsu Uedawas crowned the first ever ONE FC Bantamweight Grand Prix champion. The bout featured back-and-forth action that earned it fight-of-the-night honors. Ueda nearly finished the Filipino MMA fighter Belingon in both the first and second round with submission attempts, and imposed his superior grappling skills against the explosive Belingon in all three rounds to earn a unanimous decision victory.
The other Filipino contingents: Rey Docyogen, Eduard Folayang, Geje Eustaquio and Ryan Diaz also lose their fights.
The Filipino crowd left SM Mall of Asia Arena disappointed with the results with our home grown fighters not taking a single win at the One FC: Rise to Power event.
The striking styles were no match to the grappling styles of the opponents making the Pinoys more on the defensive most of the times.
Koji Oishi defeats HonorioBanario by knockout at 1:45 minutes of round 2
- Bibiano Fernandes defeats Koetsu Okazaki by unanimous decision at 5:00 minutes of round 3
- Masakatsu Ueda defeats Kevin Belingon by unanimous decision at 5:00 minutes of round 3
- Yasuhiro Urushitani defeats Rey Docyogen by split decision at 5:00 minutes of round 3
- Nobutatsu Suzuki defeats Phil Baroni by knockout at 4:17 minutes of round 1
- Kamal Shalorus defeats Eduard Folayang by unanimous decision at 5:00 minutes of round 3
- Andrew Leone defeats Geje Eustaquio by unanimous decision at 5:00 minutes of round 3
- YusupSaadulaev defeats Ryan Diaz by anaconda submission at 2:57 minutes of round 2
- Lowen Tynanes defeats Felipe Enomotoby TKO due to referee stoppage at 2:41 minutes of round 1
- Tony Johnson defeats Tim Slyvia at 3:25 minutes by TKO due to doctor stoppage of round 2
|Yours truly Ted Claudio|