Eric Kim, international street photographer, is in Manila this January 2013 to conduct introduction and intermediate/advance street photography workshops.
The Introduction to Street Photography workshop will be from the afternoon of January 11 up to January 13, 2013.
Introduction Topics includes:
1. How to conquer your fear of shooting street photography
2. How to become invisible and shoot without anybody noticing you
3. How to react to people who get offended by street photography
4. How to never miss “The Decisive Moment“
5. The best technical settings to use on your camera in street photography
6. How to create memorable and timeless images
7. The secret of creating beautiful black and white photographs
8. The best way to tell a story through your street photography
9. How to develop a razor-sharp eye when shooting on the streets
10. The fundamentals of critique & feedback in street photography
The advance workshop will be the week after, afternoon of January 18 up to the 20th.
Advanced Topics Includes:
1. Understanding what elements make a compelling street photography project or essay
2. How to effectively edit and sequence the work in your portfolio or project
3. Personal guidance on developing your strengths in street photography
4. Advanced techniques on how to approach and take photos of strangers
5. How to show your unique personality through your images
6. How to market yourself as a street photographer and get your work more recognized
7. An in-depth study of famous Magnum and contemporary street photographers
8. Specialized street photography themes for both days
9. How to create images that tell compelling stories
10. A book of all your work shot from the project afterwards
The workshops includes photowalks in the street photography meccas of Metro Manila.
For inquiries about the workshop, email Jeff Mercader at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Kim arrived in Manila last week and have been enjoying shooting at the streets of Manila. He was with Filipino street photographers during the Feast of the Black Nazarene.
|Eric with Filipino street photographers at the Feast of the Black Nazarene
(photo by Kuya Jhuly)
|Eric Kim with one of the finest Filipino street photographer and photojournalist, Luis Liwanag
(photo by Teni Sta. Ines)
I just love this next photo of Luis Liwanag, Eric Kim and Leanne Jazul doing Gangnam style dance. In this photo by Maureen Santos is a picture one of my dreams of the Phiippine street photography scene being united dancing together even though their interpretation of SP might be different. Funny scene but it’s quite symbolic for me.
|Eric with the leaders of the Filipino street photography scene doing Gangnam Style in Manila
(left to right: Luis Liwanag, Eric Kim, Leanne Jazul, Egay Aguilar)
(Photo by Maureen Santos)
Eric Kim was even interviewed and appeared in the flash news of ABS-CBN.
The workshop is organized by Litratista sa Daan in collaboration with Lightroom Corporation and Canon Marketing Philippines, Inc.