I’m so happy to received an e-mail today from Canon Marketing Philippines with the subject line:
“You Are Part of this Year’s Canon PhotoMarathon 2012“
This is the contents of the e-mail:
Your Registration for the CANON PHOTOMARATHON 2012 –METRO MANILA LEG is successful. You are one of the lucky participants to join in the much awaited On-the-Spot Photography Contest- The 2012 CANON PHOTOMARATHON at FORT SANTIAGO, INTRAMUROS, MANILA in Metro Manila!
Bring your Canon Camera & your skills this coming December 8, Saturday at Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila!
Distribution of Photomarathon Kit will begin as early as 6:30 AM.
Show the Country your thematic and creative instincts in a photo contest which will get you sweating under pressure and get to win a Brand New Canon EOS DSLR Camera.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, REGULARLY VISIT the Canon Photomarathon 2012 Registration Website and Canon Digital Cameras Philippines Facebook Fan Page or you may follow us @Canon_PH
- Prepare well. Carry fully charged and spare batteries, additional memory cards and sturdy bag for your digital camera gear. Please note that no charging facilities will be provided.
- Be creative in interpreting the themes.
- Return early so that you have time to select and upload the best pictures – and have refreshments to recharge yourself.
- Pre-select your best image so that you can upload quickly.
- Sleep early the night before to be fully rested.
- Stay hydrated during the marathon.
- Make sure that all equipment is kept in a secure place. Do not place them in your cars or other visible areas to avoid theft or loss.
- Download and submit your accomplished waiver form on the day of the event.
- Read the Photomarathon mechanics/rules and regulations.
- Do not trespass into private property.
- Do not litter in public places, do no smoke within restricted areas.
- Do not be a nuisance in public and do not break the law under any circumstances.
- Do not park your vehicles illegally or case any inconvenience to the public.
- Do not monopolize the uploading stations.
- Do not bring a large group of supporters to the marathon because there is a limit as to how many people the headquarters can accommodate.
Thank you very much!
CANON PHOTOMARATHON 2012 Secretariat
Attached with the e-mail is a waiver form that I should print and sign and submit to the registration desk on the day of the event.
After a bumpy registration process, finally I got successfully registered when I received that e-mail.
I have friends who still did not get their final confirmations both for those who bought from authorized dealers and non-authorized dealers. Anyways, for units bought from authorized dealers, they are priority so there is a big chance that they will get confirmed as well. However, for units bought from abroad or from the “grey” market, they will get their chance only after confirming the slots for “red” units registration. Hopefully, Canon will increase the number of participants this year so that every Canon user “red” or “grey” who wants to join will be able to join. The MORE the MERRIER! Even my Nikon friends nga, manghihiram ng Canon units from friends/relatives so they can join this event ha ha ha!
For those who have not registered yet or having trouble with the registration, here is a flowchart of the registration process published in their Facebook page:
|Registration process from Canon Philippines FB Page|
You also can see my previous post as well about the Canon Photomarathon 2012 registration.
If you are having problems with the registration, especially if you have a “red” unit bought from an authorized dealer, email INFO.CANONPHOTOMARATHON2012@
Good luck to everyone and I wish you a successful registration and hope to see you at the event!
Credits: Poster and Flowchart from Canon Philippines Facebook Page