Last August 23, I was invited to a German Night Out at the Distillery located at Bonifacio Global City to experience a night of German hospitality. The dinner was organized by Mabuhay Germany Committee of the German-Philippine chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (PPCCI). It was a night to experience German beers and cuisine.
|Selection of Delicious German Sausages by Wursty Wursty|
|My Plate of German Food|
|Prost! (Cheers in German)|
|The German Beer I Tried|
At the dinner, Roland Odenthal, Chairman of Mabuhay Germany Committee announced the upcoming Mabuhay Germany event.
|Roland Odenthal, Chairman of Mabuhay Germany Committee|
Mabuhay Germany is an annual event, spearheaded by the German Philippine Chamber of Commerce, Inc., that brings together the German community, companies and institutions operating in the Philippines.
The event gives an opportunity for the German community to showcase their businesses, products, and community building initiatives through a weekend celebration that features fun activities for the whole family.
|October 12, 2012||Friday||6:00 pm to 12:00 mn|
|October 13, 2012||Saturday||1:00 pm to 12:00 mn|
|October 14, 2012||Sunday||10:00 am to 8:00 pm|
Venue: Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City
Line-up of Activities:
- Grand Opening Ceremony with diplomatic corps and business representatives of Germany and the EU member states
- German Food, prepared al fresco: grilled sausages with potato salad, cabbage and Schnitzel with Bavarian beers, home-made desserts, cakes and cookies and many more
- Catholic Mass followed by German Brunch with Live Music Entertainment and Broadway performance of German School Kids
- Groovy Doovy Germany Party Night, presenting a Live Band and German-Fil DJ Badkiss
- GPCCI’s 3rd Table Soccer Cup, where Germans and Filipinos take up the challenge
- Move to the German Groove – Singing Contest: Sing and dance to a German song, best groups to perform onstage
Here is a video teaser of the event:
It will be a very good week-end event for the family or with your friends. So mark it in your calendar!
After the dinner and the rounds of beer, I enjoyed playing table soccer with fellow lady guests from the German embassy. We left off in 1 – 1 tie. It was already late so we agreed to continue the finals at the Mabuhay Germany event.
I look forward to attending and covering the Mabuhay Germany event on Oct. 12-14 at the Bonifacio High Street and settle who is the champion of the Table Soccer match while having rounds of German beer.
Danke. Auf Wiedersehen. (Thank you. Goodbye.)