The Philippine Retailers Association (PRA) is holding its 21st National Retail Conference (NRCE) and Stores Asia Expo on August 9 to 10, 2012 at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City.
NRCE is the Philippines biggest retail industry event together with Stores Asia Expo 2012, the country’s premier exhibition of retail suppliers and service providers. The 2-day conference and exhibit is attended by over 800 retail owners, suppliers, CEOs, and top level executives of the industry and related sectors.
This year, the conference highlights why shopping is more fun in the Philippines. In line with the theme and the country’s tourism campaign “It’s More Fun in the Philippines”, tourism Secretary Ramon Jimenez, the Guest of Honor, will be speaking on the campaign’s synergy with retail industry growth and more fun shopping experience in the country.
Coca Cola’s President and CEO William Schultz who will be the keynote speaker on the opening day on August 9. The Coca Cola brand is also celebrating its “100 Year of Happiness” and their participation will definitely add more Happiness and Fun to the event.
Some of the key topics of the conference focus on strategies for driving growth and customer engagement:
- IPO as a tool for retail business growth
- boosting customer experience using store design and licensing opportunities for retailers
- personalized branding and transforming employees into brand ambassadors
- socially responsible businesses and the retailers’ role in advocating a sustainable lifestyle
There will be panel discussions at the conference:
- Harnessing the Power of Digital Marketing and Online Commerce for Retail Growth
- Global Brands in Local Shores: How Local Brands Can Compete and Succeed vis-à-vis International Brands
- Retail Entertainment: Creating a New Level of Customer Experience – How shopping and leisure are intertwined
- The New Turks of Retailing – Featuring the young entrepreneurs behind today’s hottest brands and franchises
I would love to attend this event and learn more about the trends in retail industry. Since I’m now into Digital Marketing, the topic of “Harnessing the Power of Digital Marketing and Online Commerce for Retail Growth” really interests me. I would like to hear about how successful companies harnessed the power of new media.
It is good that the companies of retailing industry are driving on their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) towards the issue of sustainability. I would like to see more of these improvements with more companies in the sector joining in and those aboard already to intensify their campaigns towards sustainability using green technologies and practices.
For more details about the conference program, please visit the Conference Program page.
To register for the conference, please visit the Conference Registration page where you can see the rates and download the registration form.
For more information about the 21st NRCE and the Stores Asia Expo 2012:
- Visit http://www.nrceph.com
- Call PRA at 687-4180/4181
- E-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How about you? What do you think should the retailing industry to serve you as a customer better to get your business?