The Philippine Institute of Architects Photography Club (PIAPC) will be conducting a Basic Photojournalism Workshop on two Saturdays June 9 & 16, 2012 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The workshop will be held at the 4th Floor, PIAPC Lounge, Philippine Institute of Architects (PIA) Center located at # 65 East Capitol Drive, Barrio Kapitolyo, Pasig City.
Edwin Tuyay, one of the industry’s leading photojournalist & wedding photographer, will be conducting the workshop. He has worked with Bloomberg News, Asia Week Magazine, and the Manila Chronicle to name a few as a photojournalist.
|Some of Edwin’s Magazine Covers
Credits: Photos used with permission from Edwin Tuyay
The basic PJ workshop will cover the following:
Day 1 (June 9)
- Basic Photojournalism
- Practical Approach
- Caption writings
- Documentary basics
- Photo editing basics
- Photojournalism Ethics
- How to shoot for local/international publications
Day 2 (June 16)
- Quick review of Day 1 lectures.
- Submissions of photo assignments.
- Projections and analyzing the photographs.
- Closing and distribution of certificates.
The workshop fee is only Php 1,200.00.
For registration or inquiries, you may contact the following:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ar. Ric Afuang (09178483618)
- Ar. Chris De Belen (09193451436)
- Ar. Mike Rojas (09335490802)
- Ar. Mitch Tapang (09329160135)
- PIA Secretariat at 634-1762 & look for Arch. Mitch Tapang
For more details, please check their event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/166843873444337/
It’s definitely a workshop worth attending for those who are interested not only in photojournalism but also for other photographers are interested in documentary, reportage, and street photography. Don’t miss it!
Coverage of this workshop: Coverage of ESSAY – A Basic Photojournalism Workshop by PIAPC