SM Mall of Asia and Canon Philippines is running a photo contest in sync with the 3rd Philippine International Pyro Musical Competition. Join and Win!
1. The contest is open to all photographers residing in the Philippines.
2. The contest theme is, “Capture that Spark.” We want people to take photos that capture moments that happen during the Pyro event (E.g. Amazed kids, sweet couple, crowd that is enjoying). Capturing the actual fireworks in the background is not necessary, but is a bonus.
3. The photo entries should be taken from the Pyro Musical Competition, which will be held every Saturday from February 11 to March 17, 2012 at the SM Mall of Asia.
4. Participants may use any type of camera.
5. Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com
a. JPEG format
b. File size must be less than 1MB and at least 1024 pixels in its longest side. Our servers will not accept entries larger than 1MB and will be automatically disqualified.
c. Filename format: LastName_FirstName_EntryTi
d. Include your entry title, full name, age, address, telephone number, and mobile number.
Note: Finalists will be asked to submit high resolution copies (at least 6 megapixels) of their entries.
6. Digital enhancements will only be limited to the following:
c. White Balance
d. Brightness and Contrast
Note: Entries that have been digitally manipulated outside of these parameters will be disqualified.
7. Submission of entries is from Feb 11, 2012 to March 18, 2012. Due to possible high email traffic, participants are encouraged to submit their entries early.
8. The announcement of the winner will be on March 21, 2012.
9. Participants may enter as many number of entries as they want, but they can only win once. If the participant wins more than once, they will automatically get the higher prize and the lower prize will be awarded to the next winning participant.
1st Prize: P15,000
2nd Prize: P10,000
3rd Prize: P 5,000
The top 3 winners will receive a DSLR Camera care of Canon.
Top 30: Photo will be part of PIPC photo exhibit in SM MOA (Recognition)
11. Winners will be notified of their achievement via text and email. The winners will also be announced on the Facebook site. Instructions on how to claim prizes shall also be sent through the same mediums. Names of winners may be published in select newspapers and magazines.
12. To claim their prize, they must do the following:
a. Present two (2) valid IDs
b. Present a printed copy of their email notification letter
* Prizes may be claimed within sixty (60) days from receipt of their notification.
13. Panel of Judges: (c/o Jeff Dytuco)
14. Criteria for Judging
a. Relevance to Theme (50%)
b. Photo Composition (50%) – Photos must create visual impact.
15. Judging Process:
a. Entries will be pre-screened by the organizers for adherence to basic requirements such as file size, digital enhancements, etc.
b. Pre-screened entries will be shown to the panel of judges through a digital projector.
c. The entries will pass through an initial judging through yes or no votes from judges. If an entry gets majority yes votes, it will move on to the next round. The process will be repeated until only 50 photos or less are left.
d. The finalists will go through 3 rounds of projection. Round 1, the photos will be shown for 5 seconds. Round 2, photos will be shown until all judges have placed their scores. Round 3, only specific photos will be shown depending on the need of the judges.
e. Scoring will be divided into 2 halves: 5 points for relevance to theme and another 5 for photo composition. Judges can use up to 2 decimal places for their scores. Highest total score wins.
16. SM Mall of Asia reserves the right to use all photos submitted for the contest in both online and offline collaterals. However, due credit will be given to the photographer.
17. SM Mall of Asia will not be held liable for any discrepancies that may arise among participants.
Per DTI-NCR Permit No. AI-0094, Series of 2012